SUBMISSION CALL FOR THE 3RD ANNUAL
Bees (& the birds) Show 2017
Artists helping pollinators! #artistssavethebees #artistshelpingpollinators #beesandthebirdsartshow2017
OPEN CALL for ARTISTS Want to make a difference with your art and help the bees?
NEW this YEAR!
We're looking for BOTH Fine Artists and Craftspersons to participate in the
3rd ANNUAL Bees (& the birds) group show
to raise funds & awareness for our friends the bees
The show will be held once again at the TEST Gallery (Graven Feather Gallery) 906 Queen St. W., Toronto from JUNE 7th to JUNE 20th, 2017.
Wednesday, June 7 12-5,
Thursday, June 8 12-7
Opening night reception 5-8
Friday, June 9 12-7
Saturday, June 10 12-6
Sunday, June 11 12-6
Wednesday, June 14 12-5
Thursday, June 15 12-7
Friday, June 16 12-7
Saturday, June 17 12-6
Sunday, June 18 12-6
CLOSING DAY Tuesday, June 20 12-5
Details for this open call show For FINE ARTISTS
NEW Fine artists can submit bee or pollinator themed 2D original artwork up to 24 x 30 inches total size. Only 20 fine artists will be accepted in the salon style show.SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY APRIL 30, 2017 Apply by emailing the following information to email@example.com
- Your contact info including name/website/email/cell
- A short (1 paragraph) bio *include in the body of the email please. NO word attachments thanks.
- A working website link, or 3 jpeg images of work similar to what you wish to display at the show.
- Note: a $35 + hst hanging fee is payable upon acceptance and must be paid in full by May 25, 2017.
- The gallery retains a 15% commission + 3% credit card charge on sold work.
- NEW this year, the commission rate is LOWER, but the bees will still receive 10% of fine art sales.
- In addition to sold work, a portion of all show fees will go to the David Suzuki Foundation's bee program.
For CRAFTSPERSONSSUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY APRIL 30, 2017
Apply by emailing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your contact info including your name/name of your business/your webite/email/cell
- A short (1 paragraph) bio included in the body of your email. NO word attachments please.
- If not apparent on your website, an explanation, picture or link to your bee theme work and/or how your work fits the theme of the show.
- NEW This year Craftspersons work will be displayed at the discretion of the show organizers, retail style.
- You are not responsible for being with your work, or setting up your work. If your work needs special display furnishing, show organizers would appreciate if you provide them.
- The number of pieces you leave at the show will depend on the size of your work. A good rule of thumb to begin is @10 pieces. You will be welcome to replenish stock during the two week show.
- Note: Craftspersons will pay a $20 + hst admission fee upon acceptance and must be paid in full by May 25, 2017.
- A portion of all show fees will go to the David Suzuki Foundation's bee program.
- Craftspersons work will be subject to a consignment split of 60% to the artist - 40% to the gallery.
- All consignment proceeds, less 10% to the gallery and any credit card fees, will be donated to help the bees. The remaining 60% will go to the artist.